Monday, March 19, 2012

A Mother Story

The other day, I discovered a squirrel nest where facial board needed to be repaired.  I gently and carefully removed the contents, three adorably cute baby squirrels.  Just days before their eyes would open, I figured that I would now have to raise these siblings.  As work continued, the box I had placed the nesting squirrels in was left unattended.  Within minutes, the mother squirrel had returned, noticed the new board on the building, searched, found and rescued her little family.  I was amazed at the care this mother demonstrated.  She had obviously watched me playing with her babies, heard their desperate screams for understanding and rescue.  At just the right moment, she slipped in and carried each away to a new home. I was immediately reminded of the many sciptures that illustrate God's watchful eye on His children.  Many scriptures describe God just as a mother eagle or hen spreading His wings over us to protect and deliver us. 
"Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me.  For my sould takes refuge in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge until destruction passes by."  Psalm 57:1
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment