Monday, October 22, 2012

Where to Go? How to Know?

Last week I was following a reading plan for the Bible to read it in a year.  I looked up that day's assigned reading in Isaiah 30.  I began by asking God to teach me again from His word.  As I look at this truth today in light of a message preached yesterday from John 8:31-32, I feel really good about sharing with you some insight into making good decisions that will keep you in line with God's purposes for you.  Isaiah 30:1-2 reads, "Woe to the obstinate children, declares the Lord, to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin; ... without consulting me."  Isaiah 30:15 reads, "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."  Isaiah 30:21 reads, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your eyes will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" In John 8:31-32, Jesus says, "If you continue in My word, you really will be My disciples.  You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Where to go?  How to know?
1--seek God's plans
2--form an alliance with His Spirit (Consult God Daily)
3--Repent where you have walked ahead of God
4--Rest securely in your salvation through Christ alone
5--Be quiet and trust
6--So you can hear God's whisper
7--Continue in His word (More often I hear God's directions for me in His word)
I hope this proves helpful to someone!
Coach/PJ

1 comment: