Monday, September 23, 2013

Rudder Stuff

I took my son fishing yesterday.  As we paddled along, I would often use the paddle from the back of the boat to guide our direction with just a quick angle of the paddle behind the boat.  As he paddled hard from the front, I could easily change our course with just a touch of the oar in the water.  We laughingly commented that the pastor probably had an illustration.  I just couldn't help myself.  If we try to guide our lives with our own oar out in front, we may find ourselves going in circles or tired from the struggle.  Working with God, as the master of our vessel, steering from the optimal position, we can paddle along with Him in harmony trusting His guiding hand as a rudder steers a mighty ship.  You have probably heard that before, but we need to be reminded often.
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment