Monday, October 7, 2013

Next Generation Church

When your adult son sends a text "Dad, I am leaving your church."  That is a time for celebration. You may be puzzled by that statement, for surely it does sadden me to see my son leave our church.  But the reality is that the short text sends more than a post.  It is truly a milestone, a rite of passage in a young man's life.  I see it as my son truly leaving boyhood behind to be a man.  Consider this, one change of a word in that text could break a father's heart.  What if the text simply read, "Dad, I am leaving the church." That would speak so much more to a failure to pass faith in Christ and love for His bride to the next generation.  Today, I am a very happy daddy! "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child and I reasoned like a child. But when I became a man, I put my childish ways behind me."  I Corinthians 13:11
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment