Tuesday, November 5, 2013

MY HOPE


The other week while at Ridgecrest, I was the lone witness of seeing an older Junior Hill make his way from the lower parking lot, up the hill, climb a flight of stairs and then, with a hearty smile and a sense of victory enter the sanctuary with his worn Bible in hand.  This giant of a man looked at me and said, “I made it brother!”  The many years of travel and evangelistic crusades could have rendered him put out to pasture.  But here he was with a gait that showed him more akin to a thoroughbred coming out of the gates at Churchill Downs. I wish I had run down the hill when I first spotted him.  I wish I had walked with him; and if he had allowed me to, even offer a shoulder of support to make that climb.  Another climbs a mountain this week to his 95th birthday and an appeal to America to embrace the cross, receive the message of hope that is found only in Christ Jesus, and be saved.  As of early October, 25,000 churches in the US and Canada have run down the hill, embraced Billy Graham in a nation-wide gospel presentation The Cross, a powerful presentation of hope through the testimonies of Billy Graham, Lecrae Moore and Lacey Sturm.  Check your local listings for the Friday and Saturday night telecast at 7:30 p.m.  You can also catch it Thursday night at 10:00 on Fox News!
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment