Monday, July 20, 2015

Retirement


Once while at Ridgecrest, I was the lone witness of seeing an elderly Junior Hill make his way from the lower parking lot, up the hill, climb a flight of stairs and then, with a hearty smile and a sense of victory enter the sanctuary with a warn Bible in hand.  This giant of a man looked at me and said, “I made it brother!”  As he walked inside I realized, “Wow that was Junior Hill!”

I had heard his thunderous sermons as a younger man.  Now, the many years of travel and evangelistic crusades could have rendered him put out to pasture.  But here he was with a gait that showed him more akin to a thoroughbred coming out of the gates at Churchill Downs. I wish I had run down the hill when I first spotted him.  I wish I had walked with him and if he had allowed me to even offer a shoulder of support to make that climb.
The lesson I received is that as an Ambassador for Christ, we never retire!


Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment