Monday, September 28, 2015

Whatever...


Allow me to share two applications of Colossians 3:23 this week.

Dayton and I grabbed supper at McDonald’s after the ballgame.  As we sat there enjoying the burgers, I noticed a young worker fly through our section swiping tables.  She barely wiped the tables leaving them more of a mess than clean and flinging to the floor what the dirty rag happened to graze. Suddenly my Deluxe Quarter Pounder didn’t taste as good.  I wondered if the guy who put my burger together may have had the same work ethic.  Since this same girl seemed friendly when she had taken my order, and there was some rapport, I wondered if she might listen to a verse I had memorized.  So I strolled up to order a Mocha Frappe (“Don’t tell Mom!”) and asked if I might give her some really good advice. She smiled and said, “Sure!”  I said, “You are probably a good Christian girl.  You probably go to church and have a godly grandmother.” She affirmed both with a smile. I shared “Whatever you do, do your work heartily as for the Lord, rather than for men” Colossians 3:23. She liked it but did not connect.  I then said, “I love young people, so please just hear me.  The way you wiped those tables really made me question my burger.  Imagine in the future that you are not serving man.  Imagine that the very next customer is your Lord, Jesus Himself…walking right through that door.  Would you want Him to sit at those tables over there?”   She took it well and promised me she would apply that truth to her work.  It was a different kind of divine appointment.  Other workers were listening in and ultimately all were invited to worship at Crosspoint. It was really a fun exchange! We all enjoyed a moment of simply being friendly.

Then Saturday morning, our men came together for breakfast and yard work.  Someone prayed, “Lord, thank you for this food and the opportunity to work together on your place.” I loved that reminder! 
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment