Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Coffee Stains

Recently I had the opportunity to preach the message at the funeral of a dear lady in our church, a saintly disciple of Jesus Christ.  As is my habit, I like to ask the family for the Bible of the passed loved one.  As I perused this lady's Bible, I turned the page to Proverbs 15.  Go read it sometime!  On this page, was a perfect circle and then some spill spots of coffee.  I paused in great joy and wonder.  Evidence of the morning custom of starting her day in God's Word was right there before me. I was reminded of Jesus' custom of rising early in the morning to pray and be with His Father.  Have you the habit/custom of rising early, cup of coffee, God's Word and the day ahead prepared by aligning your life/will with God's?  I was encouraged.  Careful with the coffee, but no worry...someone just might learn from your mess!
PJ/Coach

1 comment:

  1. I've been tired and sleeping later, but the Spirit has been tugging at me to get back to the Word early in the morning.

    thanks Pastor John. Just what I needed.

    Danny Butler, Nashville TN.

    ReplyDelete