Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Combating Temptation II

In the Bible that I grew up with I discovered something I had cut out from a devotion when I was younger that helps us decide if something that tempts us sinful.  Well, now that I am older, that answers it right there.  If I am wondering, it probably is!   But I hope these three tests help you.  I wish I could identify the original author, but I didn't have the source.  When in doubt, ask:
Test # 1--Universality Test
What would the world be like if everyone was doing what I am doing or tempted to do?
Test #2--Secrecy Test
What if everybody found out what I was doing or tempted to do?
Test #3--Blessing Test
Can God bless what I am doing or about to do?
These should lend all of us great clarity in fighting temptation.
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment