Monday, November 10, 2014

Flight 370

I was so encouraged by the testimony of James Woods.  His brother, Phillip, was among the missing in this spring's tragedy when the souls of the 239 people onboard Flight 370 perished over the Indian Ocean .  How horrific their last moments must have been!  Wonder with me concerning the security of eternity any may have had in the moments before their death.  Often we hear the gospel shared in the context of our not knowing when our last day on earth will be.  Most of us would be guilty of thinking, “Oh that would never happen to me!”  When asked by reporters how they are handling the tragedy, James Woods shared a family verse that is bringing them much peace and comfort. “Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10.  He shared, “That is difficult to do right now.  But I don’t want to be cliché about our faith.  We are not just saying we will get through this by our faith.  But quite frankly, I believe in heaven and so I have a deep abiding hope and I believe God is sovereign.  Regardless of how this turns out, He is still God and He will get us through it.”  His love for his sister and brothers gripped me because I too love my brother and sister so very much.  I can only imagine the pain and agony of the heart for all the Woods family.  I love when faith shines though, don’t you? 
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment