Wednesday, November 12, 2014

John Eldridge SHOUT OUT


In Wild at Heart, John Eldridge indicated three core desires in the flight to manhood:

  • A battle to fight
  • An adventure to live
  • A beauty to rescue

I resonate with this.  It is man-stuff!  I am passionate about the battle for lost souls.  I find hunting and fishing a passion that reminds me of that important battle.  I often feel lost in rescuing my beauty, but just being reminded of my internal need drives me to protect my two girls, to pursue a love relationship with Tina and better my serve of her needs.  We are in a season of life right now where the challenges are all new and the terrain is different and difficult.  Men love challenges like that.  She was a hard one to catch when I first saw her.  But I caught her.  Now she is mine and I am hers.  We are one!  But the adventure to rescue her and pursue her has me smiling as I write this.   How do you continue to chase the caught and rescue your beauty?

I have much to learn, but I am listening.  Tina may better be able to write this and your honey may be the best source for you too.  But I think some starters would be:

  • Anticipate my needs (I hate having to ask you!)
  • Listen when I am speaking with you (Put the phone/newspaper/remote away) and look at me and respond
  • God gave me to you as your helper—stop excusing yourself and being defensive
  • Love me and show it
  • Surprise me
  • Make this beauty to rescue equally pursued as the battle to fight and adventure to win

Ask her.

What is your battle, men?  What adventure is connected to your heart and your fight?  How are you still rescuing your beautiful girl?
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment