Wednesday, December 17, 2014

11 months ago....


We all have experienced the reality that our children grow up too fast.  We often tell young parents “Don’t blink!  They will be grown before you know it.”

Tina and I recall those wonderful years when Josh would say, “Hold me Daddy, hold me.” “Yook Daddy, yook!  A heckodoctor!” “Daddy, Daddy, yook!  Yook!  An aeropwayne and God made it.” Lauren kept it a mystery for months when she would say, “I shibbied.” Josh called waffles “fawwles.”  We finally figured out that a heckodoctor was a helicopter.  And one day at the table, Lauren pushed her plate away and proclaimed, “I shibbied!” and we knew at once the meaning.  Soon after that day she matured and began to say “I’m finished.” And to not leave Dayton out, he would hold his hands out and bid with his fingers, “I pick oooh up Daddy, I pick oooh up” whenever he wanted to be held.  I am dying here in my office in tears.  You know how heart-wrenching it is to see those years slip away. 

Eleven months ago, we joined Josh and Dani in another milestone—they married.  Theirs was a wonderful “wedding extravaganza!” We have watched Josh move out, begin work, fix up a house, and become a grown man.  It was all so sudden!  And you know what, as our hearts quake for those early years, we are so happy!  We are so proud of all three of our children.  Their maturing is a blessing!  It is the joy of our hearts to see them grow up, take responsibility for their lives, mature in their individual walk with Christ and become adults. 

This is exactly what the apostle Paul speaks to directly in this letter to the believers in Ephesus. We thrill the Holy Spirit in us as we mature to new people in Christ Jesus.  It pleases the Father.  It honors the Son, Jesus Christ.  Our speech, behavior, attitude, actions, and thought- life change to the likeness of Christ Jesus through the Spirit who now lives in each new believer. 
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment