Monday, December 22, 2014

Schoolyard Notes


I love to pick up notes discarded on school campuses.  They can be quite entertaining.  Recently, I saw one folded neatly and flapping in the wind.  Here was the message of an elementary student to her friend. 

“from: Jane* to: John*                                                                                 *Names changed

When the world is crashin down theres only one who can save me god he loves me he saves me when waves are crashin down He’s there to save me He loves me He saved me He rose again  He’s gonna fly me on top of the world he saved me.”

I can only imagine what John was facing.  It could have been any number of things.  The world today is a much more daunting place in which to live than I remember.  In elementary school I can remember some basic fears like dying and the boogie man.  Whatever his fear, Jane had the just right answer. I love that this friend took the time to comfort her classmate with Truth, God-sized Truth that came from heaven to be with us, humbled himself to be born among us in a stable…Truth that would courageously and compassionately take our fears, our failures and our sins to a cross…Truth that would save, comfort, hold and keep us.  What faith in eternity!  “He’s gonna fly me on top of the world!” May you find the joyous truth of the Christmas child this week and may he set you on top of the world!”
Merry Christmas!
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment