Friday, October 2, 2015

Lost to be Reconciled


Many of you heard that last weekend we lost Brody (our male toy poodle) for 48 hours.  He was a long way from home.  Many helped us locate him but I always seemed to be about an hour behind him.  “He was just here” was a common response as I spoke to residents in Idlewild and along Loring Mill Road.  I drove for hours and rode a bike for three calling his name and whistling to draw him out of hiding to no avail.  In those hours I kept thinking of all of you.  Numerous times God would whisper to me how Jesus taught that leaving the 99 to find the one lost sheep is the heart of the Shepherd.  I felt that truth as I considered how Brody is Tina’s buddy.  She was missing him terribly and so I was determined to find him.  Love is a great motivator.  Naturally upon Brody’s return, he was hungry, thirsty and in need of briars and burs to be removed from his coat.  Life is difficult away from the safety of the fold.  More than food and water, this family pet seemed most content to be on the pillow next to Tina where he belonged and felt safe, cared for and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment