Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Teacher of the Year!!

Photo: Congratulations to this beautiful and incredible woman. Sumter School District Teacher of the Year! You deserve it! So proud of you mom! Love you so much :)
Many innocently asked why we were all there; if we had already been informed that Tina had been named the winner.  Last week, Tina Sorrells was named the Sumter School District Teacher of the Year.  Now Tina will be the first to tell anyone that many are more or equally deserving of the honor and I guess I will have to go along with her on that one.  But I do have a front row seat to the many hours this lady gives to education and her special second graders each year. She will always be my T.O.Y.  Tina loves teaching and gives far beyond what most people give to their career.  I am very proud of her.  Josh, Lauren, Dayton and I gladly share her each year with 20 or so children and all their parents.  Why were we there?  Regardless of any honors or titles, she has taught us by her example that birthdays, anniversaries, special awards or the potential to be honored are opportunities to celebrate.  It was not whether she won or not, we knew she might.  And we wouldn't have missed being there for the celebration or congratulation of either.  Tina said it best, "That is just what families do."  I am glad she won though.  As Esther in the Bible, I think this special lady was chosen for such a time as this.  She will be a great asset to the district's need to heal this year.  Pray with me for her.  Congratulations Tina!

No comments:

Post a Comment