Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday reflections

Just a few reflections from a wonderful Lord's Day:
  • From Jamie H. Williams' "Faith Matters" in the Sumter Daily Item--Having seen a truck with Grace written on the tailgate she thought..."I am glad in comes by the truck load!"
  • Comparing grace/mercy to the greatness of the Ocean, I recall my sister first seeing the ocean as a child..."Well, it's big." 
  • Lacy Sturm on the holiness of God and His mercy..."I realized the holiness and righteousness of God, and that I was not that!  He had every right to push me away...BUT, He didn't."
  • Mercy Tests could have been the title to the message.  How many mercy tests have you had since yesterday?  What is a Mercy Test?
    • A mercy test is when the mercy of God towards me is put to the test in me for others.
    • That neighbor that is just full of meanness despite the heaps of love and service I offer up
      • Lord, allow me just one more time to show mercy and not revenge!
Coach/PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment