Sunday, March 17, 2019

All Access



     “All Access” is a blessing that communicates privilege, favor recognition.  It tells us that we get in.  We need not worry about anything.  We have clearance.  Recently, someone handed me a season pass.  It meant that I could attend any game or athletic event.  It cost me nothing but gained me much.  I once received a key from a friend.  “This key is to every gate.”  It gave me access to enjoy certain privileges that were unavailable to me before.  When I was in high school a friend gave our family back stage passes to the Grand Ole Opry.  We walked back there where only a few could go and rub shoulders with the stars.  Whispering Bill Anderson walked up to me and Paul and said, “Here, do you want to take a picture with me?”
    
     Do you realize what Jesus did for you and me?  He gave us an ALL ACCESS pass.  Because of Jesus’ death on the cross Jesus guaranteed certain promises.  He secured the forgiveness of sins.  He removed the separation from God we experience because of our sin. He removed the sting of death and guaranteed eternal life in heaven for those who repent of sin and trust in Him for salvation. He promised abundant life here on the earth.  In spite of loss, hardship and death, Jesus has said to us that our ALL ACCESS pass lets us find joy in all of life because of a wonderful hope…this is not our final destination.  His resurrection gives us a certain hope that we are known by the Father.  We have so many blessings to enjoy!  This ALL ACCESS pass gives us the assurance of entrance.  We can enter into God’s presence in prayer.  We can seek Him and know Him.  We can commune with God in conversation.  We can hear from God in His Word and through His Spirit. What promises!

Love God!  Love others!  Serve!

Coach/Pastor John
    

No comments:

Post a Comment