Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Wholly Different Look

Just days before, I had placed that dry, shriveled seed in the ground.  It had no life in it.  Yet when it was buried, God brought it to life.  That amazes me!  In just days that which was dead, God made into a living green plant. I will always love the lesson of the seed sown to life.  I guess that is why I love to plant a garden.  I guess that is why I love to see new life in a man trusting Jesus.  Recently, I shared with a new believer that an appointment to get new teeth was going to be life changing for him.  He corrected me and said, “No, several weeks ago, on my front porch, is when my life started changing.”  I was startled at the maturing of this new plant in Christ Jesus. In just a few weeks, he was growing in his faith enough to realize that new teeth do not transform in any comparison to new life in Christ.  I stood corrected and marveled at what God was doing right before my eyes. 
Coach/PJ
“That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; 37 and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own” I Corinthians 15:36-38.

No comments:

Post a Comment