Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sunflowers


We love sunflowers.  They seem to smile and say “Hello!” It always has saddened me when they finish blooming each year.  They grow heavy as they turn down to drop their load of seeds to either feed the wildlife or sustain the next generation.  This year, I noticed a lesson. The Bible teaches that our faith is demonstrated through our works.  Perhaps the closest I feel to God is when I am obedient to use the gifts He has given me to fulfill His purpose for me both personally and as a member of His body, the church. We too can present ourselves to God with the same humble, lowly manner as the sunflower.  As God matures us, we bear fruit to feed and grow others.  We bow with gratitude and humility before the Giver of every perfect gift and work. As the sunflower, when we bear fruit, we sustain a future generation of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment