Thursday, October 23, 2014

NEVER EVER!


At the heart of God’s will from our human perspective is the question “Why?”  Why do we have to fear cancer?  Why did mother and daddy divorce?  Why did ______ have to die? 

As I gazed off of the page, I noticed on the bird bath a one-legged purple finch.  I have seen waterfowl with amputations from turtle bites, but I wondered “How did this cute little fellow lose his leg?  And why?” 

A favorite passage of many is in Romans 8: 28, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”  There is a peace about that verse.  It tells me that if I am His, no matter what may come my way; in the end all is good; all will be well.  I can trust God with all the ultimate outcomes.

R.C. Sproul explained it this way using the story of Joseph as an illustration.  There is the proximate purpose (close at hand) of things and there is the remote purpose (the distant and ultimate) of things. Joseph summed up his life and God’s purposes in Genesis 50:20, “Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good, in order to preserve a numerous people, as he is doing today.”  No matter the current circumstances in your life, remember these truths that help us live life trusting in the promise of never-ever that “nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Romans 8:39

No comments:

Post a Comment